To make time for my mental and physical health.
To carry out all my roles (teacher, HSA director and Across Schools CoL) to the best of my ability.
To support staff wellbeing.
To actively maintain a positive personal outlook.
These posts don't relate to my CoL role by the way, which is ticking away in the background. When my data analysis is complete it will deserve it's own blog post!
- Visits to the gym this week: still 0. Why am I paying for a membership!?
- McDonald's eaten: 1 - BLT bagel and a coffee when I needed to work right up until 8.28am.
- Casual sports games played this week: 3 games of touch, 3 games of tag and 9 Rounds with a friend on Saturday morning.
- Books read: Past Tense by Lee Child. It got skim read because half of the plot was boring.
- Teaching highlights:
- Going to the zoo with Year 13!
Everyone up and looking at skeletons and skulls
Tauola, Gloria, Maia and Paige trying to determine the species of their skull.
Keti, Loma and Alisi also puzzling.
Giant Galapagos tortoise! He was out and about while his buddy slept in the mud.
The elephant was an exciting find because she was feeding!
The mark of a good trip - 18 people out of 32 fell asleep on the ride home! It was very hot.
- CoL things: I ran data for about 4 and a half hours on just one cohort, across one year, on only Reading Comprehension. Not Vocab, not Writing, not Maths... just Reading Comprehension. Stay tuned for findings soon!
- Teacher wellbeing support: organised the "Great Tamaki Bakeoff" which only Shirly and Karen baked cookies for. Trina ran the voting at interval. While only 2 baked, definitely more people than that enjoyed the cookies :)
- Gratitude emails sent: only 2 again.